Hi fellow vaper, if you’re reading this article right now, then I’m assuming that your Vuse Alto has run out of battery or you just dropped it and the charging port is no longer working. Whether it be these two things or any other reason why you can’t use your charger to charge your Alto, the following steps will show you how to charge it without one.
Prepare the Items You Will Need:
-USB cord (to plug into a computer) (Any micro USB cord should work.)
-A power source (TV, Computer USB Port, Etc)
How to Charge?
- Plug your USB cord into a power source (TV port, computer USB port, etc).
- Plug the other end of your USB cord into your Alto. The light on the front of your charger should now be turned on.
- Now that you have charged your Alto for a few minutes, take the mouthpiece off.
- Take out both pieces of cotton from either side of the chamber. The chamber is located at the bottom part of the device where there are two screw heads holding it in place which you can use to take it down by turning them counterclockwise with your hand or something else like a penny or small piece of metal (be careful not to lose screws.) Once removed, set aside both cotton pieces.
- Turn your Alto on by pressing the button located at the top of it. The light should turn on and you are now ready to use it!
Note: To charge this device without a wall charger or USB cord, simply hold down both buttons found on either side of the device until you feel that they are vibrating. This is how you can activate charging mode which will charge for about an hour before automatically turning off (the vibrating effect will go away once fully charged). Make sure to replace cotton after taking it out from the chamber because it does not come with stainless steel mesh replacing coils like other mods such as iPV4s.
- After a full charge, plug your USB cord into your Alto and then into a power source. The light on the front of your charger should now be turned off which means that you are fully charged!
I hope this article helped in charging your Vuse Alto without a wall charger or USB cord. If this did not work, let me know what has happened to your device and I would do my best to find another step by step guide for you. Please leave any questions or feedback about this article in the comment section below, thanks!